I've been writing a lot lately, even though this blog hasn't really reflected it. I wrote a story on a local event last month, and have been shopping it around for weeks hoping to diversify my bonds. Lobbying to get published by someone I don't have a personal relationship with has been a frustrating experience for me. It's just kind of weird. That piece may or may not just end up posted here. Only time will tell. In the meantime I've conducted a few interviews for another article I'm excited about. Focusing on more time consuming stories has probably distracted me from writing about this year's individual album cuts and b-sides. But to be honest, there just hasn't been much noteworthy music released thus far.
The industrial blog complex has been working overtime to convince us new music from The Underachievers, Ghostface Killah, Drake, Chance The Rapper, Pusha T, Gucci Mane, Kevin Gates, Tyler the Creator and A$AP Whoever is anything other than middling rap and bullshit. I'm convinced we should just shut down the blog circuit for a late winter off-season. So instead of trying to establish a nonexistent narrative for Willie The Kid's "Desire Washington," I've compiled a list of similarly forgettable records from 2013 that still kind of jam.
- 50 Cent – "We Up (Kendrick-less Version)" [Internet]
- Louie V Mob – "Bang Bang" [New World Order]
- Waka Flocka Flame – "Can't Do Golds" [DuFlocka Rant II]
- Curren$y – "New Jet City" [New Jet City]
- Lil B – "Hood Stories" [Pink Flame]
- Blu – "Thelonious King" [Internet]
- Quelle Chris – "Rapping Ass" [Rapping Ass 7"]
- Karriem Riggins – "Matador Posse Cut" [Internet]
- Riff Raff – "Now They Mad" [Hologram Panda]
- Action Bronson – "Fiends Jean Jackets" [Rare Chandeliers Bonus]
- Jay Electronica – "Atom Anthem" [Internet]
- Mayhem Lauren – "Brand Name Marijuana" [Mandatory Brunch]
- Willie The Kid – "Desire Washington" [Brain Fly]
- Nas – "It Still Ain't Hard To Tell (DJ Day Remix)" [Internet]